The chakras are energy centers that individually control our collective body, mind and soul’s health and wellness. Blocked chakras in our spiritual body usually lead to aches, pains, disease, mental health issues and even terminal illnesses in our physical and/or emotional body. Also, in the same way the chakras can be reinvigorated and energized (by your doing or a healer’s) they can also be psychically attacked by ill-intended people if your aura (composed of your chakras) is not protected. Therefore it’s important to both understand your chakras and learn how to heal them, simply because it can help you live a fuller, more balanced life. The word “chakra” has become very popular in modern-day western society, but for the wrong reasons. Studying the chakras isn’t about following new age trends, it’s deeper than that. It’s about enlightenment. It’s about becoming one with happiness, wellness, self-love, growth and sustainability. So if you are choosing to embark on this spiritual journey, make sure you’re doing it for your higher self’s best interest and not to become part of a fad of cultural appropriation and ignorance.
There are actually 13 chakras in the entire auric field, BUT we’re going to focus on the 7 main chakras right now and get to the others at a later point. Use the image included in the post to guide you through where the chakras are in body if you’re more of a visual learner.
Muladhara (Root chakra):
- Responsible for one’s security and sense of safety; foundations and feeling grounded.
- Located: base of the spine
Swadhisthana (Sacral chakra):
- Responsible for one’s sexuality and sensuality; our openness to new experiences and people.
- Located: lower abdomen, beneath the navel
Manipura (Solar Plexus chakra):
- Responsible for our confidence, will power and the ability to control our own lives.
- Located: upper-middle abdomen, beneath breasts
Anahata (Heart chakra):
- Responsible for our sense of love for ourself and others around us.
- Located: center of the chest
Vishudda (Throat chakra):
- Responsible for our ability to express ourselves and communicate with each other.
- Located: center of the throat area
Ajna (Third Eye chakra):
- Responsible for our ability to critically analyze our environment and become spiritually awakened.
- Located: on forehead, in between the eyebrows
Sahasrara (Crown chakra):
- Responsible for our connection to the higher universe, the cosmos and the divine.
- Located: at the top of the head
Now that you have an understanding of the basics, you can empower yourself to learn more about the chakras and what they mean to your mind, body and soul connection. If you’re interested in learning about the emotional manifestations of chakra blockages and how you can unblock them, your auric field and how to protect it stay tuned for my future posts!