I FUCKING LOVE TO READ!
I’m a huge book nerd, I always say that my library is more important than my wardrobe and I stand by that statement forever. The books I read often reflect the moments I’m going through in my life. If I yearn for some romance, I usually cuddle with a romance novel instead of a person. If I need to feel inspired by revolution, I frequent my copy of the Autobiography of Assata Shakur to keep my spirit strong. If you ever want to know what’s going on with me, just ask me what book I’ve been reading. I’m really that transparent when it comes to my book choices and emotions.
Lately I’ve been on my mindfulness wave, been reading a lot about metaphysics, spirituality, magic and unearthing inner peace. I guess it mirrors where my mind’s been at these past few months; focused on preserving my chi (energy), expanding on my creative endeavors and propelling my journey of enlightenment. While on this path I’ve been guided by some truly inspiring works of literature and I want to share some of them with you in hopes that they do as much for you as they’ve done for me.
- The Alchemist: Paolo Coelho A story about hope, manifestation and magic following the life of a shepherd named Santiago who journeys with an Englishman determined to learn the secrets of alchemy and transmutation.
- A New Earth: Eckhart Tolle A self-help book by renowned writer and spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle (also author of The Power of Now) which details the planetary shift in consciousness that we are experiencing on Earth as a necessary step in our evolution. It will also guide you in understanding your purpose within it all and how you can make the transition easier for you by abandoning the ego and finding your highest self.
- The Mastery of Love: Don Miguel Ruiz Using the wisdom of his Toltec teachings, Don Miguel Ruiz (also author of The 4 Agreements) gives us a metaphysical guide to mastering love by learning to see beyond the fear-based beliefs that make love challenging. Using personal anecdotes, insight and words of wisdom he teaches us how to heal our emotional wounds, dissolve the ego and find self-love as well as love from others. (I absolutely love this book!)
- The Book of Secrets: Deepak Chopra In this groundbreaking testimonial from one of the world’s most renown spiritual teachers, Deepak Chopra compares the human existence as a book of secrets waiting to be unveiled by the reader (yourself). Revealing secrets like “You Are Truly Free When You Are Not a Person,” “The World Is in You,” “What You Seek, You Already Are” and even “Evil Is Not Your Enemy,” he challenges us to look within and find the guru that exists in us all.
- Heal Thyself: Stephen Pollit Energy healing is focusing on the vibrations and frequencies of one’s spirit and chakras as to better one’s life. This is a guide for energy healing that is meant to focus on each aspect of your daily life, from the financial, emotional, spiritual, sexual and creative. Teaching you what could be wrong, how can it be healed and why it’s important to do so. This isn’t a book I’ve read cover to cover but it’s definitely one I use as a reference point when I want to understand at a deeper level how the routine affects my auric field and chi. Try it!
So here it is, my short reading list for mindfulness and soul searching. I hope you enjoy it, pass it on and bear marvelous fruit from what you learn! AS AN ADDED BONUS, I’ve added the link to a post I found with a wonderful, list of FREE book PDF’s on race, class, gender and sexuality, ALL THINGS LIT!
SPREAD THE LOVE, IT COMES BACK TWICEFOLD.